L3AGB L3 Agribusiness
Level 3 Agribusiness
The Year 13 Agribusiness course is designed to provide students with a broad Agribusiness experience. It covers innovation, science, management, finance and marketing concepts that provide students with the opportunity of pursuing a career in Agribusiness.
It takes content from the new Agribusiness standards and from current Business and Agriculture standards and endeavours to incorporate applied real life learning using our local environment.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
· To prepare you for career pathways and opportunities within the Agribusiness sector.
· To develop a knowledge of basic facts, principles and theories in Agribusiness.
· To help improve your knowledge and understanding of Agribusiness concepts.
· To provide opportunities to develop scientific skills and attitudes.
· To develop an appreciation of the impact science and technology has on our everyday lives.
· To develop a continuing interest in Agribusiness.
· To develop your reading, numeracy and comprehension skills.
WHAT SHOULD I HAVE DONE ALREADY?
Passed L2 NCEA. Have gained UE literacy as students must be able to explain ideas in writing and support those ideas with evidence. Students should have an interest in Agribusiness and a primary industries career pathway.
Please note this course contributes to NCEA Level Three and is a University Approved subject. However, if this course is taken in conjunction with L3 Business & Enterprise then both subjects are considered as only ONE University Entrance subject, as the standards are all from the Business domain. Both subjects would however count towards NCEA Level Three.
Approval is needed from the HOLA of Social Sciences in order for both subjects to be taken together.
This course will follow the policies and procedures laid down in the NZQA Assessment Information for Students (see below).
It is important to ensure your understanding of the resubmission policy and the extension policy.
WHERE DOES THIS COURSE LEAD?
This course is a good foundation for any career in Farming, Horticulture, Viticulture, Business and in moving on to course at university that focus on Business and Agriculture.
For All indicative course costs please see the Course Costs Page.